Complaints and Appeals
Our complaints policy
MLC Academy is committed to providing a high quality learning service to all our
students and learners. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it.
This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details, this can be in writing to
the following address:
43 Abbey Road
Or contact 0115 846 0524 and ask for Steve McCabe.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving
it, enclosing a copy of this procedure. Acknowledgement will be via writing
usually via E-mail.
- We will then investigate your complaint. The complaint will be reviewed, all
possible evidence gathered and where appropriate we will speak to the
member of staff who acted for you.
- If required, we will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully
resolve your complaint. This will be within 14 days of sending you the
acknowledgement letter unless serious circumstances dictate otherwise.
- Within three days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took
place and any solutions agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed
written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter,
within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we
will arrange for the Director or someone unconnected with the matter at MLC
Academy to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review,
confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, and the matter concerns any external examining
body, such as Rockschool, Trinity College etc, then you may request Head
Office details and full complaint and appeals procedures for the relevant
company which will be supplied within 3 working days. In such cases, the
external examining bodies’ procedures will take primacy and their decisions
will be final unless otherwise stated. Please note in such circumstances, there
may be a fee charged by each external body which will be highlighted and
explained upon each complaint and appeals procedure request.